Have you ever heard of forest bathing? It has nothing to do with running around the forest in your birthday suit or skinny dipping. It has everything to do with going out into nature to help naturally reset your system, lower your stress, and even strengthen your immune system.
It sounds amazing, right? It may even sound too good to be true, but some experts do believe this can impact your health. Check out this video from Dr. Tracey Marks on this one very special Japanese practice.
Are you ready for a walk in the forest? Before you go, here are a few key safety tips:
- Let someone know where you’re going.
- Take a friend with you for safety in numbers.
- Make sure you’re phone is charged and that you have an emergency charger on hand–but put it on silent to enjoy the full experience.
- Pack a first aid kit for emergencies.
- Bring plenty of water.
- Check the weather report and dress/prepare accordingly.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Have a map if you’re in an unfamiliar area.
- Stick to trails.
- Wear the right shoes.
If the best nature option is your local park, you may not need all of these things to prepare. However, if you plan to go on a hike or into a garden or forest, you may want to make sure you’re prepared for anything. Stay safe, and enjoy your relaxing forest bath!
Copyright 2022 DailyVibe.com