Tired of the monotony of your daily grind? Feeling a bit bored? Mixing up your daily routine doesn’t mean you have to change every aspect of every second. You really only need to shake up a thing or two each day to feel like you’ve managed to break free.
Here are some simple things you can do every day:
- Take a different route to work. Normally take the highway? Take the scenic back roads instead.
- Change your breakfast order. Routine can be easy but it can also be mind-numbing. Change up your meal or order a different coffee blend.
- Have a meeting with just one person? If there is no need for technology, try taking a walk outside while you talk. You may find the change of atmosphere refreshing and inspiring.
- Surprise someone. Did you see a lovely potted plant at the grocery store? How about a funny card? Surprise someone at random with a kind gesture.
- Go to bed earlier or later than usual. Just make sure you have enough time to get the number of hours of sleep you really need.
- Find a place to watch the sunset. Relax and enjoy a bit of quiet time instead of this week’s sitcom reruns.
- Take a friend to lunch so you can talk, and listen to each other, face-to-face. You’ll feel like you had a conversation with each other instead of like you were talking at each other.
Your current daily routines may be comfortable but simply living a comfortable life may not be as rewarding as you think. Changing your perspective a little each day may be just the shake-up you need to take your personal life or career to the next level.