Short on time? Join the club! We might all have the same hours in the day, but we don’t all have the same schedules and responsibilities or even emotional resources. You might truly want a tidier home, office, and car but have no idea how to manage it with everything that’s piled on your plate during the week.
This is where 10-second habits come in. You might be looking around your space and thinking that nothing can be done in only 10 seconds … but you might be overlooking the simple daily habits that can help contribute to a cleaner, more organized environment. Check out the video we found for you online from Youtubber Krist Yu for 10-second habits that could help bring order to your universe.
Let’s say you have more than 10 seconds to tidy. We can take a look at a few daily habits that take 5-minutes or less that you can add to your routine.
Tiny Habits for a Tidy Space
- Throw out expired food from your fridge or pantry.
- Take out the trash.
- Clean a window or mirror.
- Clean door handles of your home or office.
- Wipe down your microwave.
- Make your bed.
- Clean a toilet.
- Take 5 minutes to pick up clutter.
- Scrub out your sink.
- Sweep up the room you’re in.
- Load or unload your dishwasher.
- Dust the window treatments.
- Tidy pillows on your sofa or bed.
- Fill the dishwasher with toys that need to be sanitized (and are dishwasher safe).
- Sprinkle baking soda on your rugs, sofa, or bed and then vacuum it up.
Challenge yourself to clean up for 5 minutes. Set a timer and see what you can get done. You can focus on a single area of the room (for example, one kitchen cabinet), or you can walk through your home and see what you can pick up and declutter in the time you have.
Five minutes a day doesn’t seem like much. Ten seconds is far less. Rather than getting overwhelmed by how much needs to be done and how little time you have, use these 10 second opportunities to tidy your space. The seconds add up, and you can feel proud of yourself for taking the small steps toward a less stressed and cluttered life.
Copyright 2023 DailyVibe.com