Feeling restless even though all you want is to rest? Trouble falling asleep affects the best of us, but fortunately a little bit of mindfulness can go a long way in helping overcome that. Something as quick and simple as ten minutes of mindful meditation can help defeat challenges with sleep.
Steps for mindful meditation before bed:
- Get comfortable. Lay down in a position that feels natural and relaxed to start things off.
- Deep breaths. Take time to intentionally breathe. Go slowly and deeply.
- Increase awareness. As you ground yourself in breathing, become more aware of the stillness and calmness throughout your respirations. Take the time to also explore your body from toes to head, scanning for areas of tension that need to be released.
- Let stuff go. Oftentimes thinking and overthinking is what keeps us restless and unable to sleep, so give yourself permission to let those thoughts go. Right now, your only obligation is to sleep peacefully.
- Focus on positive vibes. Think calm, restful, rejuvenating thoughts as you meditate to prepare your brain and body for a good night’s sleep.
We found the video above to help you to ditch the restlessness. While this mindful meditation routine works wonders for reducing restlessness in order to sleep well, it can also help when you’re trying to relax but can’t seem to let go of all the things on your to-do list. Give it a try the next time you’re sitting and worrying instead of chilling and relaxing!
Copyright 2021 DailyVibe.com